CU Online+ Help
This section of the website will help with members who are having difficulties registering for online banking or for members who have previously registered for online services but are experiencing issues logging in. Below we have some helpful steps which will assist with the registration & log-in process.
- You create your own Username (this username is case-sensitive and cannot be your full email address).
- You create your own Password (this password is case-sensitive)
- Once your online banking registration has been accepted, you will receive an 8-digit PIN by SMS to the mobile number you registered with. This PIN is only requested the first time you log in.
The first time you log in you will need to complete steps 1-5 below:
- Enter your Username (case-sensitive).
- Enter your Password (case-sensitive).
- Enter your 4-digit OTP (One-Time Passcode – this is a different code each time you log in).
- Enter your 8-digit
- Create a Memorable Word.
After your first successful log in, you will only need to complete steps 1-3 to sign in. If you enable biometric log in on the app, you will not have to complete any of these steps.
If you already have access to your online area and are looking for help regarding utilising online features, please visit either the Online Banking page if using the website or the Online Banking App page if using the mobile app for resources to assist with making the most out of your online banking.
To register for online services, you must have a personal email address and mobile number you can provide to register with. Below are some reasons why you might be having difficulties with registering for online banking:
- User ID is unavailable – if you receive this message while entering a Username, this means that someone else already owns this username and you will have to try again until your Username is unique.
- This email address is already registered – if you receive this message when entering your email, you most likely have previously registered for online banking and it is still active. Please contact the office and a member of the team will be able to get you logged into your account or will be able to deregister your old details and get you signed up with new details.
- You may be in an area with poor signal/Wi-Fi.
Our online services team manually approves all online banking registrations during office hours to ensure that all the member information is correct. If the information matches, the team approves the registration, and the member receives their PIN within a couple of minutes. If you have not received your PIN within 48 hours of registering, below are some scenarios which might explain why you have not received your text:
- The date of birth you entered is incorrect – usually a typo mistake and a member of the team will delete this registration and send an email to the member requesting to send in another register.
- The mobile/email address provided does not match – the member is usually emailed to contact the office and update their contact information. The registration can then be accepted when the member information is updated.
- The member is already registered for online banking – the member is usually emailed to contact the office as they already have online access set up. Members can choose to get logged back into their existing online or to deregister that account and sign up again using new details.
There may be an issue with your mobile phone provider. This can happen with international numbers in particular. Switching your mobile to airplane mode and then back off airplane mode can reset your mobile. Switching your mobile off and on again can also help. If you still don’t receive a PIN number, please contact the office and a member of the team can look into this for you.
After your first successful log in to the online banking area, you will only need to remember your Username and Password for future log in attempts. Below are some reasons why you might not be able to log in:
- You are entering an incorrect Username – your username is case-sensitive and is different from your email address.
- You are entering an incorrect Password – your password is case-sensitive.
- You are copying and pasting details –ensure that the exact information is copied, that you have not left out any characters and that you have not copied any extra spaces at the beginning or end of a username/password.
- Your online banking has been suspended – did you receive an email that your online account has been suspended due to three failed log in attempts? Has your Credit Union account changed to Dormant?
- You are using the wrong website/app – make sure that you are using Newry Credit Union’s most up-to-date website or app.
The website/app might be down for maintenance - if given advanced noticed, we will always report upcoming downtime on our socials.
Your username was created when registering for online banking. You will not be able to log into your online area by entering your email address. However, if you click the Log In button and then the Forgot Username button, you will be able to get a Username reminder sent to your email address. You can also ring into the office and a member of the team will be able to confirm your username over the phone.
Your password was created when registering for online banking. If you click the Log In button and then the Forgot Password button, you will be able to change your password yourself. To do this, you will have to enter your Username, Date of Birth and Memorable Word. If all three pieces of information are correct, you will be able to request an OTP (One-Time Passcode) and update your password. If this does not work, you can also ring into the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be able to reissue you a new temporary password to your email address.
Members' online banking will be suspended after three failed log in attempts. The most common reason is three failed password attempts. Our Online Services Team will receive notifications for suspended accounts and will send an update to members via email after re-activating their accounts. Members can also ring the office to get their online accounts immediately unsuspended.
If you are not receiving OTPs but have previously, there are a couple of things that could cause this:
- Have you changed mobile numbers? – please contact the office to update your contact information.
- Are you in an area with bad service? – try requesting a new OTP in a different location.
- Has your mobile recently had an update or have you gone on holiday? – try turning your mobile off and on again and then switch airplane mode on and off to reset your signal.
Please contact the office if you still do not receive an OTP and a member of the team will try to assist.
To set up biometric login, please sign into the app once or twice and you should see a pop-up message requesting consent to enable facial/fingerprint ID. If you do not receive this request, go to Settings on your mobile and under Apps, click Newry Credit Union’s app and enable facial/fingerprint ID from here.
If your biometric login previously worked but does not anymore, you may have to re-set this. Please contact the office and a member of the team will re-set your biometric login and you will be able to set this up again following the steps above.